Ever wonder how you get to be a delegate at the National Democratic Convention?
Well, it all starts right here at the local level. Here are the details of the process in Saint Louis City.
Things are a bit different this year as the COVID-19 pandemic has suspended in-person gatherings but read on to find out how YOU can participate in the delegate selection process and run to be a delegate if you choose.
Delegate Selection Process in 3 Easy Steps:
2. Decide if you want to run as a State/National Delegate, or just vote for candidates who are running. Either way, you'll need to request your ballot here. You will need to affirm that you're a member of the Democratic Party and that you voted in the MO Presidential Preference Primary - DEADLINE MAY 2, 2020
3. If you're interested in running to be a State/National Delegate you will need to file here:
There are a few questions you'll need to be prepared to answer:
• Which candidate do you want to support? (Biden or Sanders)
• Demographic info, address, phone number, and email (yes, these will be shared)
• Do you want to be a delegate for the State Convention only? Or run to be a delegate at the National Convention?
• Will you be able to attend the MO Democratic State Convention? (June 13, 2020, *NOW VIRTUAL EVENT*) and/or the National Democratic Convention (Scheduled in Milwaukee, WI, August 17-20, 2020) You have to pay your own way for these events.
• Submit <200-word Biography
- DEADLINE APRIL 30, 2020
* If you run as a delegate in St. Louis city, you're running to attend the MO State Convention and then if you're elected as a State Delegate, you can then run to be a National Delegate.*
There's a ton more information on the MO Democrats Website if you want to learn more.
If you request a Delegate ballot, you should expect it in your inbox May 9-18. Ballots must be returned by May 18.